1 cup flour
1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut in small pieces
1⁄2 cup light cream cheese
3⁄4 cup grated low-fat cheese — Monterey Jack or cheddar
1⁄4 cup finely diced black olives
2 tbsp finely diced green pepper
1 tsp Louisiana Hot & Spicy Dip Mix
1 small onion, finely diced
1 tsp Pueblo Bean Dip Mix
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Combine flour, butter and cream cheese and form into a smooth dough. Cover or wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Combine filling ingredients.
- Roll out dough on floured surface. Cut circles with a 2" cookie cutter. Top each circle with 1 tsp filling, fold in half and pinch edges together.
- Place on Sheet Pan lined with Sheet Pan Liner. Brush with egg and coarsely grind Black Pepper overtop. Bake for 20 minutes.
Try 1 tbsp Guacamole Dip Mix instead of Black Pepper for the glaze.
Freeze uncooked turnovers on Sheet Pan lined with parchment paper. Once frozen, place in an airtight container in the freezer. When ready to serve, bake as directed.
Serve with prepared Epicure Salsa for dipping.