1 cup 35% whipping cream
1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
1 tsp gingerbread spices
1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
1⁄4 cup fancy molasses
1 pkg Gingerbread Mix
Topping suggestions (optional): fresh berries, fresh mint leaves, chopped pistachios or almonds
- In a Multipurpose Pot - 8 cup, whisk sauce mix with whipping cream, butter, and spice. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium; simmer for 3–4 min stirring often. Pour into a large bowl; refrigerate until cold.
- Meanwhile, generously oil Epicure’s 8" silicone Round Cake Pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with oil and molasses. Stir in mix; scrape into pan and smooth.
- Microwave on high for 4 min. Rest in pan for 6 min; invert onto wire rack to cool. Or bake in preheated 350° F oven for 28–30 min or until a toothpick inserted in centre of loaf comes out clean. Cool 10 min before unmolding.
- Remove chilled sauce from fridge. Using a hand mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
- To assemble, place cake on a large cake stand or plate. Spread top with icing, smoothing to edge. Garnish with toppings, as desired.
Make-Ahead Tip: Bake cake, wrap, and refrigerate overnight or freeze up to five days. Refrigerate caramel icing up to three days; bring to room temperature before using.