Rich and delicious - a bowl of onion soup is warm and satisfying.
3 tbsp olive oil
2 large onions, thinly sliced
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp Dijon-style mustard
6 cups beef broth
1⁄4 cup white wine
4 thickly cut French bread slices
1 cup grated swiss cheese
- Heat olive oil in Multipurpose pot over medium-high heat. Add sliced onions and sugar, and slowly cook, stirring often, until onions are lightly golden.
- Stir in Dijon mustard and French Onion Dip Mix.
- Add bouillon and white wine. Simmer for 20 min and season with Salt and Pepper.
- While soup is simmering, preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place bread slices on Sheet Pan lined with Sheet Pan Liner. Top with cheeses and bake until melted and golden.
- Pour soup into bowls and top with toasted cheese bread.